1. The private research of Kay Inman, "Descendants of Cornelius Jansen Van Der Veer."
2. Wallace Morton Crawford, Jr., http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/c/r/a/Wallace-M-Crawford/index.html.
3. Daniel Hoogland Carpenter, History and Genealogy of the Hoagland Family In America from Their First Settlement at New Amsterdam, 1638 To 1891, John Polhemus Printing Company, New York, Dr. Cornelius N. Hoagland.
4. NJ. Official Register of the Officers and Men of New Jersey in the Revolutionary War, p.625.
5. Teunis G. Bergen, Register of the Early Settlers of Kings County, Long Island New York, S. W. Green's Son, Printer, Electrotyper And Binder, New York, 1881.
6. The History of the Town of Flatbush, in Kings County, Long Island, page 44.
7. New York Historical Society, Abstracts of Wills, in several volumes.
8. John Frederick Hagaman, "The John Hagaman- Andrea Tilton Hyde Family Tree Page," http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/h/a/g/John-F-Hagaman/GENE1-0001.html, 6/1/99.
9. Esther Opie Van Ness, William Oppie of Somerset County, New Jersey and Some of His Descendants, with Other Opie Families Mentioned, 1958, United States Library of Congress Number 58-11847.
10. A. Van Doren Honeyman, ed., Somerset County Historical Quarterly, Vol. VI, Plainfield, New Jersey, Somerset County Historical Society, 1917.
11. Sarah C. (Ross) Hageman (wife of Isaac and Maria Vanderveer Hageman's son Andrew Brown Hageman), "Sarah's Book," 1900.
12. Elias W. Van Voorhis, A Genealogy of the Van Voorhees family in America, or the descendants of Steven Coerte Van Voorhees, G. P. Putnam's Sons, the Knickerbocker Press, 1888.
13. James P. Snell, comp., History of Hunterdon and Somerset Counties, New Jersey, with Illustrations & Biographical Sketches of its Prominent Men & Pioneers, Everts & Peck, Press of J. B. Lippencott & Co., Philadelphia, 1881.
14. A. Van Doren Honeyman, ed., Somerset County Historical Quarterly, Vol. VIII, Plainfield, New Jersey, Somerset County Historical Society, 1919.
15. The family records of S. P. Hageman, "History of the S. P. Hageman Family," 1977.
16. Marguerite H. Allen, The Ancestry and Descendants of Henry and Sarah Thompson Hendricks of Monmouth, Co., New Jersey, Woodruff Printing & Litho, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1963.
17. Ora Elizabeth Hageman-Burnett and Ethel Marie Hageman-Mellies, sisters, Hageman-Pendleton Genealogy, privately published June 1985 and updated November 1995. Extensive inclusion in this website of their pioneering Hegeman family research is made possible by the gracious consent of Ora Elizabeth Hageman-Burnett.
18. Florence A. Christoph, compiler and editor, The Van Voorhees Family in America: The First Six Generations, The Van Voorhees Association, Gateway Press, Inc., Baltimore, MD, 2000.
Home * Index * Surnames * Contact
Updated 20 Sept 2001