1. The private research of Kay Inman, "Descendants of Cornelius Jansen Van Der Veer."
2. Wallace Morton Crawford, Jr., http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/c/r/a/Wallace-M-Crawford/index.html.
3. Kris Van Derveer Liddle, in an email message sent July 1999.
4. Steve Vandiver, "The Van Der Veer Name in America," http://www.buxx.com/genealogy/VanDerVeer.html#CorneliusJanszen1643, 6/9/99.
5. Teunis G. Bergen, Register of the Early Settlers of Kings County, Long Island New York, S. W. Green's Son, Printer, Electrotyper And Binder, New York, 1881.
6. From the private research of Jerry D. Vandiver: "The Long Island Vanderveers," the section dealing with Cornelius' family in his "Compendium: Vanderveer," 1999.
7. Marguerite H. Allen, The Ancestry and Descendants of Henry and Sarah Thompson Hendricks of Monmouth, Co., New Jersey, Woodruff Printing & Litho, Salt Lake City, Utah, 1963.
8. Francis Bazley Lee, editor, Genealogical and Personal Memorial of Mercer County, New Jersey, 1907.
9. The New York Historical Society, Abstracts of Wills on File in the Surrogate's Office, City of New York, Volumes I~XVII, 1892~1908.
10. Steve Wurster, "Descendants of Rev. Johannes Theodorus Polhemius," http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/8048/RevJTP.htm, 7/12/99.
11. "Johannes Stryker-Cornelia Vanderveer Family Bible Records," submitted by Gail Grutle Boughn, published by Dorothy A. Koenig, editor, New Netherland Connections, Vol. 3, No.4 (4th Quarter 1998), pp.112~114.
12. Brüderbund WFT Vol. 2, Ed. 1, Tree #3936.
13. Daniel Hoogland Carpenter, History and Genealogy of the Hoagland Family In America from Their First Settlement at New Amsterdam, 1638 To 1891, John Polhemus Printing Company, New York, Dr. Cornelius N. Hoagland.
14. Sons & Daughters of the Pilgrims, p.198.
15. "Descendants of Jean Rapareillet" http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/8048/Rapalje1234.htm, 7/4/99.
16. Esther Opie Van Ness, William Oppie of Somerset County, New Jersey and Some of His Descendants, with Other Opie Families Mentioned, 1958, United States Library of Congress Number 58-11847.
17. Posted by Jerry D. Vandiver on the Vandiver family Genforum at http://genforum.genealogy.com/vandiver on June 7, 1999 under "Re: Phebe Vanderveer of Somserset Co., NJ." Jerry calls his private research on this branch of the Vanderveers "The Long Island
Vanderveers," a section from his collection "Compendium: Vanderveer," 1999.
18. The private research of Richard A. McCool, June A. McCowan & Dorothea E. McCowan, "The Kouwenhoven, Stoothoff and Verbryck Descendants of Aeltie Cornelise Cool," typescript, 1995.
19. A. Van Doren Honeyman, Johannes Nevius and his Descendants, 1900, as cited in the private research of Richard A. McCool, June A. McCowan & Dorothea E. McCowan: see source #18 above.
20. Teunis G. Bergen, The Bergen Family, Albany, N.Y., 1876
21. John Van Zandt Cortelyou, Cortelyou Genealogy, Press of Brown Printing Services, Lincoln, Nebraska, 1942.
22. Dorothy A. Koenig with Pim Nieuwenhuis, "Catalina Trico from Namur (1605-1689) and Her Nephew, Arnoldus de la Grange," in New Netherland Connections, Vol. 1, No. 3, 1996, pp.55~63.
[Note: As of November, 1999, Ms. Koenig says that all issues of New Netherland Connections published to date are still available through her, at the very low cost of $3.75/issue. The complete set of 16 issues published in 1996 (first year of publication), 1997, 1998, and 1999 is $60.00. A subscription for the year 2000 is $15.00. Every-name indexes (compiled by Jean D. Worden) are available for volumes 1, 2, and 3. The total cost for the 3 indexes is $20.00. -- Your Webmaster purchased and highly recommends "the works."]
23. E.B. Callaghan, M.D., The Documentary History of the State of New-York, Volume III, Weed, Parson &Co., Public Printers, 1850, p. 32, as cited by Dorothy A. Koenig: see source #22 above.
24. Dorothy A. Koenig with Pim Nieuwenhuis, "Further Information About Catalina Trico," in New Netherland Connections, Vol. 1, No. 4, 1996, pp.89~93.
25. A. Van Doren Honeyman, ed., Somerset County Historical Quarterly, Vol. II, Somerville, New Jersey, Somerset County Historical Society, January, 1913.
26. Sarah C. (Ross) Hageman (wife of Isaac and Maria Vanderveer Hageman's son Andrew Brown Hageman), "Sarah's Book," 1900.
27. The family records of S. P. Hageman, "History of the S. P. Hageman Family," 1977.
Home * Index * Surnames * Contact
Updated 11 May 2000